Here are the rules that I follow. These have helped me lose 40+lbs in the past and hopefully will continue to help me to my goal!
1. ☆Gluten Free.☆ You would be surprised to learn how many items contain gluten. Many you would never even think to look. Like Sushi! Soy Sauce! Marinades! Spices! The list goes on and on. It is unnecessary poison that the food industry puts into everything for taste, preservation, and addictive qualities! Look it up & kick it!
2. Limited processed foods and preservatives. I try to eat mostly organic and non-processed foods. Now I am human and indulge. Amy’s has great gluten free and vegetarian microwavable meals with no preservatives! There are alternatives! You just have to look.
3. Exercise! This was the key to my weight loss before. I would exercise at least 1hour every day except Saturdays. Even if it was only 30mins in the morning and then 30mins in the evening. Recently I have taken up running. :) It is the best ever! I have several Half-Marathons lined up for this year! Very excited!
4. Water! Drink it. Simple enough, right?
5. No red meat. I just don’t like it.
6. White meat/Dairy products only 2-3x’s a WEEK.
7. No soda or energy drinks. Although my indulgence is not Zevia caffeine free soda. It is sweetened with Stevia a natural plant based sweetener. So that is my treat one a week. :)
8. Only one meal a day with bread/carbohydrate product. Such as toast, muffin, rice, sandwich bun, potato, etc.
9. Watch the sweets! I would only indulge on a sweet item once every other two weeks. No cake or candy. And watch the amount of sugars are in other foods as well. NOT FRUITS! I mean in the bread, or that pancake you just ate. That kind of thing.
10. Snacks may only be a vegetable! It is easy to get all your fruits, especially for me since I crave sweet things. So to make sure I don’t ONLY eat fruits all my snacks must be a veggie!
11. Average of 1200 calories a day. This is JUST the AVERAGE. Some days I eat more, some days (when I don’t exercise and am not as hungry) I eat less. That is my daily goal. Some people need more and some need less.
Well, those are the rules that I have followed to lose weight in the past. I may add more as needed.
Good luck girls, and remember! EVERYONE’S BODY IS UNIQUE! What works for one will not work for another. You have to find that sweet spot of calories and right kind of exercise that you can manage. You have to mix & match what works best for you, and that takes time!